We provide a day for small groups of children usually aged from 6-17 years. This is an opportunty for children to get together to share experiences and talk about the person who has died.
Days to remember are held throughout the year and involve a programmes of activites suited to the age and circumstances of each child.
We aim to:
- Provide the child with an opportunity to meet other bereaved children
- Give the child the opportunity to accept the reality of death
- Educate about the grief process
- Acknowledge the different feelings which children may experience
- Facilitate the child’s understanding about what has happened